Kidzspace | Overview VideoProject
The Power Of Your Message
These days, if you want to be successful, it’s not enough to have the best product on the market. Chances are, someone else has the same product or better. Your customers are looking to give their business to a company that they connect with. People do business with companies they know, like and trust. One of the many challenges for business today is building those three core values in the eyes of the consumer. Many miss the simple opportunity to build trust in their audience by sharing their message or story. When you come out from behind the veil of your business and share the message behind the company or the story behind the business, it humanises your business. You can show your audience that your business is not a big corporate giant that doesn’t care about anything except for moving the bottom line. It starts the journey of building trust and moving into being likable. Everyone has a story to tell and everyone’s story is unique. It is the same for your company, the story of your business is unique and no one can copy it.
Creating Your Story
One thing that we do with all of our clients is a Story Development Session. This is a one to two-hour session where we dive deep into the business to find their unique story. We do this session with every single client, big or small because every business has a story. Here are a few key pointers to help structure your story in a way that will impact the audience.
- Desire – What is the reason that you decided to start the business? What is the passion behind the business? What is it about what you do that you love? What are the future goals and desires of the business?
- Difference – What makes you different from your competition? What moves people to choose you over your competitors?
- Inspiring – What is it about your company that’s inspiring? What inspires you when you think about your business? What do other people find inspiring about your business?
- Feel – How do you want your audience to feel after doing business with you? How do you want them to feel after hearing your story or message?
- Do – What do you want your audience to do after hearing your message? What action do you want them to take?
Delivering Your Message
Once you have created your story, you need an effective way to deliver your message to the people who need to hear it. Using forms of media such as text, photos and audio are great ways to deliver your message. However, there is one form of communication that out performs them all. Video is the king of delivering your message and is proven to have the highest level of engagement and retention than any other form of media. The level of depth that you are able to add to your story with video goes a long way in creating an emotional connection with your audience that drives them to take action.
About the Author
Corné Lategan is the Co-Founder and a Executive Producer at Bizvideo. In his down time he enjoys hanging out with his wife & doggie, family, playing squash & golf and traveling the world. He's been in the industry since 2007 & obtained a Bachelor of Film & Television at Bond University.